Best and Discrete Way to Straighten Your Teeth
Are you an adult or just do not want anyone to notice your braces? Luckily, Invisalign provides a discreet way to go through orthodontic treatment. InvisalignⓇ is a braces alternative, that leaves metal and brackets in the past. Here is a guide through the Invisalign process, laid out step-by-step, for a better understanding of what to expect.
- Consultation: Before your treatment begins, you will meet with your dentist for an initial consultation. During this appointment, your dentist will go over what your ideal smile looks like, and what your treatment plan will look like based on the severity of your teeth. At this point, your dentist will go over any other initial details that will make your break your decision, including cost, timeline, and any other information you would want to know.
- Teeth impressions: When you finally decide that this is the orthodontic treatment for you, your doctor will take impressions of your teeth. These impressions will be used as the template for your aligners to be created. These impressions will serve as the basis of your customized trays, to ensure your teeth end up in the straightened position you desire
- Invisible Aligners: When the impressions are complete and your trays are finalized, your doctor will go over the information about the invisible aligners and how to wear and clean them. Although they are removable, they should be worn most of the day and taken out only to eat and clean the teeth. During this period, your doctor will walk you through your customized timeline of when your trays will need to be switched.
- Checkups and Aligner Changes: As you go through the treatment, you will receive a new, adjusted set of aligners, which is approximately every two weeks. Each set is designed to move the teeth gradually into a straighter position than the previous set. At each checkup, your dentist will check the progress of your teeth and ensure the aligners are working as they should.
- Retainers: At the end of your orthodontic treatment, you will be given a set of retainers to keep your teeth in the desired position. Your retainers may be fixed or removable, depending on your preferences and your dentist’s recommendations.
Invisalign is a perfect solution for those who are looking for straightened teeth, what want to do it in a less invasive manner. Contact your dentist if you would like to be provided with more information or you’re ready to set up your consultation.