The Importance of General Dentistry
With all the commotion around cosmetic dentistry, we often forget that the foundation of good oral health begins with general and preventative dentistry. White & Haines Advanced Dentistry is known for its excellent services and patients feel comfortable and satisfied after their visits.
General dentistry focuses on several services including:
- Cleanings and Oral Exams which help keep your teeth and gums healthy. Routine cleanings and oral exams are also essential in identifying any signs of gum disease.
- Dental implants and Dentures aid in the replacement of missing teeth
- Tooth extractions that occur when teeth are too unhealthy to be restored to their normal condition
- Root canals that remove the infected pulp to restore the health of your teeth
- Oral Pathology Exams which help screen and detect if the disease is present
It is no secret that many Americans tend to neglect their oral health. Poor oral hygiene can lead to serious health issues such as tooth decay and gum disease, which can sometimes not be reversible. Neglecting oral health can lead to other health issues as well. Our mouth is filled with bacteria and is the point of entrance for our digestive and respiratory tract, so if proper oral health is not maintained, various disease could begin to form. Regular visits to the dentist are necessary, but practicing good oral hygiene habits in your everyday life is also essential to maintaining good health. Brushing teeth at least twice a day with a soft bristle brush, flossing daily, using mouthwash are all ways to maintain your oral health.
It is a common misconception that dental procedures are painful and uncomfortable, but it is important for patients to understand that sedation or numbing options are available for almost any procedure. If you are due for a visit to the dentist, schedule an appointment at our offices located in Cornelius, NC to speak with either Dr. Haines or Dr. White as soon as possible.